Scalr Self-Hosted Support Policy & Services
Support Services Policy
As referenced in the agreement under which you obtain and are granted the right to use the Scalr Software and (if applicable) the Order Form under which you ordered Support Services, this Support Services Policy document is the primary document used to communicate Scalr’s support policies. This Support Services Policy includes Scalr’s support terms and conditions as well as provides a description of Scalr’s technical support levels.
Scope of support
Support services include technical support services, bug fixes, maintenance releases, product updates and upgrades that Scalr provides to all other customers under support for no additional fee.
When requesting technical support, Customers are asked to open a support ticket via Scalr’s web-based support portal.
- Technical contacts are the liaisons between Customer and Scalr for the technical support for the Scalr software. Technical contacts should have, at a minimum, Scalr’s introductory product training, to ensure that they are knowledgeable about the Scalr Software, and its operating environment in order to help resolve product issues and to assist Scalr in analyzing and support problems.
- Customer is expected to establish and maintain the organization and process to provide support directly to its internal end-users in their use of the Software.
Upgrade Support Policy
In order to realize the full benefit of the Software, Scalr encourages all customers to regularly update their deployments to the latest version of the Software. Scalr will provide comprehensive support services for the current major release version of Scalr, and the preceding major release version for up to 12 months following the date of the most current major release version.
||Production use of the Software is stopped or so severely impacted that it cannot continue to operate, and the operation is mission critical to the business.
||Experiencing a significant disruption in business critical usage of the Software. Important features are unavailable with no acceptable workaround; however, operations can continue in a restricted fashion.
||A major fault with the software causing non-production usage to be severely impacted. Workarounds may exist but are time consuming/costly.
||A minor fault with the software / service. The impact is an inconvenience, which may require a workaround to restore functionality.
||Requesting information, a product enhancement, or other clarification regarding the Software.
- Scalr has no obligation to support: (i) third-party software used in conjunction with theSoftware, (ii) altered, customized or modified software or any portion of the software incorporated with or into other software, (iii) Software that is outside the scope ofGeneral Availability as specified in the Scalr Support Lifecycle section above, (iv)software installed on any hardware and/or operating system that is not supported by Scalr, and (v) the use of the Software in conjunction with unsupported cloud services.
- Scalr will provide technical support services to assist in troubleshooting the Software’s interaction with supported cloud services; however, Scalr has no obligation to provide support for the cloud services themselves.
Scalr Support Services Options
Scalr provides comprehensive technical support services to its customers and users throughout the world. Scalr leverages its longstanding experience in building and providing support for its software to help customers get the most out of the product, leverage best practices and resolve any issues that may prevent users from getting the most out of the platform. Scalr Support has representatives in all major geographies around the world (North America, Asia, Europe,Eastern Europe) to serve its customers.
Scalr offers three support services. These are summarized in the tables below. Detailed descriptions are provided in the following sections.
||Included with all enterprise licences and suitable for customers getting started with the Scalr software who need access to Scalr Support for assistance with product issues, including defect resolution and consultative support.
||Targeted for Enterprise Customers who will be using Scalr in a production capacity to support the deployment of business critical cloud-based applications and is designed to ensure customers get the most out of the Scalr platform, and are optimized to enable cost management, security and compliance, agility and productivity.
|Technical Account Manager
||Offered as an optional extension to Premium Support, the Technical Account Management service provides unrivaled product knowledge, proven skills and best practices to help customers increase the adoption and effectiveness of their cloud platform.
Scalr Support Tier Comparison
||Business Hours (1)
||24 x 7
||Dedicated Support Portal
Collaborative Support (2)
|Max Tech Contacts
|Response Times (3)
||Priority 0 : 1 hour
Priority 1: 2 hours
Priority 2: 4 hours
Priority 3: 1 business day
Priority 4: 2 business days
|Priority 0: 30 minutes
Priority 1: 1 hour
Priority 2: 2 hours
Priority 3: 1 business day
Priority 4: 2 business days
|Slack Support Channel
|Production Assessment (4)
|Best Practices - Knowledge Transfer Sessions
(1) Business hours are 8:30AM to 5:30PM, Monday to Friday and are based on the location of the customer’s primary technical contact.
(2) Collaborative support includes web meeting based support for real-time troubleshooting and analysis
(3) Response times are the maximum. In general Scalr will respond to tickets in priority order as they are logged. Tickets priorities must be set correctly and Scalr reserves the right to alter ticket priorities, up and down, if they do not match the actual impact and urgency of the issues.
(4) The Scalr Production Assessment compares customer’s current production environment against best practices, and results in a series of recommendations designed to optimize the use and value of the Scalr software. The Production Assessment also includes a performance health-check to ensure optimum performance, scalability and reliability of the Scalr deployment.
Scalr Technical Support Services - Standard Support
Scalr Standard Support
Scalr Standard Support is suitable for customers getting started with the Scalr software who need access to Scalr Support for assistance with product issues, including defect resolution and consultative support.
Scalr Standard Support Includes
- Coverage Hours: Scalr Standard Support provides access to technical support personnel during business hours (8:30 - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday). Business hours are based on the customer’s primary technical contact’s location.
- Support Channels: online support via a designated support portal. Ability to submit new support issues and/or feature requests and review status of support tickets via the support portal.
- Technical Contacts: up to four (4) designated Technical Contacts may access Scalr Standard Support.
Scalr Technical Support Services - Premium Support
Scalr Premium Support
Scalr Premium Support is targeted for Enterprise Customers who will be using Scalr in a production capacity to support the deployment of business critical cloud-based applications and is designed to ensure customers get the full benefits of the Scalr platform.
Scalr Premium Support Includes:
- Coverage Hours: Scalr Premium Support provides access to technical support
personnel on a 24x7 basis.
- Technical Contacts: up to eight (8) designated Technical Contacts may access
Scalr Premium Support.
- Dedicated Support Portal: Customer is provided with a dedicated support portal that may be used to submit new support issues and/or feature requests and review status of their teams issues and requests.
- Collaborative Support: web meeting based support for real-time troubleshooting and analysis
- Chat Support: dedicated chat room staffed by Scalr support engineers for consultative support, best practice questions, general q&a, etc.
- Production Assessment: compares customer’s current production environment
against best practices, and results in a series of recommendations designed to optimize the use and value of the Scalr software. The Production Assessment also includes a performance health-check to ensure optimum performance, scalability and reliability of the Scalr deployment.
- Knowledge Transfer Sessions
- Quarterly Product Road-map Reviews
Scalr Professional Services - Technical Account Management (TAM)
Scalr Technical Account Management
Scalr’s Technical Account Management service provides unrivaled product knowledge, proven skills and best practices to help customers increase the adoption and effectiveness of their cloud platform. Scalr’s TAM service is backed by the resources of the entire Scalr organization and armed with best practices. TAMs work with customers to minimize operational risk and realize value from the customer’s cloud transformation.
Scalr TAM Services Includes:
- Work with customer to facilitate the adoption of the Scalr software, including helping to build successful initial use cases, establishing new use cases, onboarding new users, and working with the customer to take advantage of new features and functionality.
- Work with customer to help overcome any blockers or obstacles limiting the success of the project and broader adoption.
- Coordinate the customer experience across all teams to ensure the utmost customer experience including advocacy, product enhancements, issue resolution, etc.
- Conduct deep-dive hands-on training sessions, best practices reviews, and customized knowledge transfer sessions.
- Provide hands-on strategic guidance in the use of Scalr.
- Define internal metrics for success and track progress towards customer’s qualitative and quantitative objectives.
- Serve as advocate for prioritization of feature requests from customer into Scalr road-map and release cycles.
Scalr TAM Deliverables:
- Access to a designated Scalr TAM
- Bi-annual production assessments
- Regular cadence of calls to review support issues, product releases, customer initiatives and projects
- Quarterly production deployment reviews
- Monthly product road-map reviews