SaaS Support Policy
Scope of support
Technical support services for the Scalr TACO software, scalr.io, and on-prem deployments of Scalr.
Scalr provides the following levels of support for the Scalr TACO offering.
||Best efforts (1)
||Priority based - Business Hours
||Priority based - 24x7
|Ticket based support
|Real time support (video conf) (2)
|Scalr community Slack channel
|Priority 0 Response Time
|Priority 1 Response Time
|Priority 2 Response Time
||1 business day
|Priority 3 Response Time
||2 business days
||1 business day
|Priority 4 Response Time
||3 business days
||2 business days
(1) Best efforts support - Scalr support will endeavour to respond within the same business day but cannot guarantee this.
(2) Real time support for priority 0-3 issues only, if required by Scalr Support.
Priority Definitions and Response times
Response times are the maximum. In general Scalr will respond to tickets in priority order as they are logged. Tickets priorities must be set correctly and Scalr reserves the right to alter ticket priorities, up and down, if they do not match the actual impact and urgency of the issues.
||Production use of the Software is stopped or so severely impacted that it cannot continue to operate, and the operation is mission critical to the business.
||Experiencing a significant disruption in business critical usage of the Software. Important features are unavailable with no acceptable workaround; however, operations can continue in a restricted fashion.
||A major fault with the software causing non-production usage to be severely impacted. Workarounds may exist but are time consuming/costly.
||A minor fault with the software / service. The impact is an inconvenience, which may require a workaround to restore functionality.
||Requesting information, a product enhancement, or other clarification regarding the Software.
- Responses will be through the support portal and customers will receive email notifications. These emails can be replied to in order to add additional comments to the support ticket.
- Real time collaboration via video conferencing will be requested by Scalr to progress priority 0-3 issues only if required. Scalr will use the Zoom system but can use customers' own video conferencing system if required.
Upgrades and Maintenance
There will be regular updates to the Scalr software to implement new features, enhancements and bug fixes. These schedule for these maintenance updates is as follows.
NOTE: Maintenance of Scalr does not affect the infrastructure that is already deployed with Terraform through Scalr. Maintenance only affects the ability to perform new runs through Scalr.
Every Tuesday and Thursday
- UK : 08:00
- US ET : 03:00
- US PT : 00:00
Customers should assume that Scalr will perform maintenance on every occasion in the schedule. Maintenance typically lasts no more than 30 minutes during which customers experience the following.
- System may show as unavailable for brief periods of time
- UI and API maybe slow or unresponsive
- Unexpected error messages may appear
- Terraform runs may be delayed/queued
- You may be logged out and have to log back in again
Scalr will post messages in the #announcements channel at scalr-community.slack.com at the start and end of each maintenance.
No support for:
- third-party software used in conjunction with the Software,
- altered, customized or modified software or any portion of the Software incorporated with or into other software,
- Open Policy Agent
In respect of Terraform and Open Policy Agent, Scalr support will use best endeavors to provide advice and guidance on using this software with Scalr, including examples, best practices etc. However bugs/issues with Terraform and Open Policy Agent should be raised in the relevant support channels/communities.
Upgrade Support Policy (on-prem customers)
Regular Updates. Scalr encourages all customers to regularly update their deployments to the latest version of the Software.
Scalr will patch and upgrade support to older versions as follows:
- Versions released within the previous 12 months. The current version of Scalr, and any version released in the previous 12 months (however, maintenance releases and fixes will only be available in the latest release of Scalr, therefore, Customers may be required to update to the latest version in order to obtain a maintenance release or fix).
- Versions released more than 12 Months. Scalr will provide consultative support (e.g. answer questions, provide known solutions, etc.); however, Scalr is unable to provide any fixes, maintenance releases, product updates, etc. Scalr is unable to provide any kind of support or consultancy to migrate Scalr to new hardware (physical or virtual) for versions more than 12 months old.