Senior Software Engineer
At Scalr we are on a mission to empower companies to embrace the cloud in a secure, cost-efficient and responsible way. We’re passionate about the cloud and how it enables organizations to build faster, smarter, better services. We’re looking for a passionate software developer with a history of success to help us innovate and meet the needs of our rapidly-growing customer base.
- Develop, create, and modify software applications in order to optimize Scalr’s systems
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to develop software solutions and determine
feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Review design requirements and recommend improvements and software upgrades for existing
software applications and systems.
- Modify existing software to correct errors and to improve software’s performance.
- Develop testing and validation procedures to automate regression testing of all new Scalr’s software products.
- Design and code Python-based software applications and perform code review for software
developers and test teams.
- Ensure that the software continues to function normally through software maintenance and
- Requires up to 10% international travel.
Bachelor’s degree in any engineering field, Computer Information Systems, or related field (or
foreign equivalent) plus 5 years of experience in the job offered, computer information systems,
software development, or related occupation. Employer will accept an educational equivalent of
a Bachelor’s degree as evaluated by a credentials evaluation service, whether based on a 3 or 4
year foreign degree.
Must possess 5 years of experience in the following skills:
- Developing highload applications;
- Software clustering and distributed systems;
- Databases including MySQL, MongoDB, and InfluxDB;
- Linux and Windows internals.
Employment and background checks may be required.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com and reference job posting
Scalr is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.